Fiat was founded in Turin in 1899. Its founder is Giovanni Angelli. It consists of the initials of the words (F)abbrica (I)taliana (A)automobili (T)orino. Its headquarters is in Italy. In accordance with this brand, our factory produces powertrain, rear assembly, clutch, exhaust, brake, ventilation, hood, engine as well as front arrangement parts.
Fiat SpA is also known as the Fiat group. The automaker is a financial and also an industrial group. Founded on July 11, 1899, this factory took its name from the initials of the words Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino. It started production in 1899 with 3½ horsepower. It also witnessed the birth of the modern automobile manufacturing industry in the same years. It includes various brands. It is among the largest automobile and industrial groups in the world.
Automobiles produced by Fiat and appealing to an elite group of consumers quickly became popular both in Italy and abroad. In a very short time, Fiat became one of the leaders of the industry.
Fiat, the only automobile factory of Italy, located in Turin in the summer of 1899, produced only 24 cars with a total of 150 workers. Today it is one of the largest automobile manufacturers with 7 factories and more than 50,000 employees.
In 1909, he established a factory in the United States and produced private cars, as well as pickup trucks, tractors, trains, ship engines and even airplanes. In 1922, it took the first steps towards becoming a brand that tends to produce products with affordable prices for consumers whose numbers are constantly increasing. In the mid-1950s, millions of small Fiat models were mass-produced. Thanks to this, the brand has become the symbol of the Italian economic miracle.
Brands of Fiat
The brands within Fiat are as follows:
- Lancia: It was founded in 1906 by Vincenzo Lancia. It is one of the Italian automobile manufacturers. It has been part of the Fiat group since 1969.
- Alfa Romeo: It was founded by an aristocratic family in Milan, Italy in 1910. It is a car manufacturer company. It became a very popular brand in Europe in the 1960s. In addition to the sports model cars it produced, it produced various vehicles such as trucks and minibuses in the first years. After a while, he decided to produce only passenger cars. He joined the Fiat group in 1986.
- Maserati: Italian automobile manufacturer famous for racing and sports cars. It was founded in 1914 in Bologna. This company, which is a partner with Ferrari, was closed due to financial difficulties. It was later bought by Fiat in 1993 and started production again.
- Chrysler: Founded in 1925 in the United States. By purchasing the Dodge brand in the following years, it became the brand with the largest service network in America in the 1930s. It is based in Detroit, Michigan.
- Dodge: Founded by brothers Horace Dodge and John Dodge. It produced parts for the Ford Model T when it was first established. Its headquarters is in the United States. After starting automobile production, it used the name Dodge Brothers Motor Vehicle Company between 1914-1927. In 1928, Chrysler Inc. Bought by.
- Jeep: Founded in 1943 in Toledo, Ohio, United States. It is an automotive company serving worldwide. It is one of the brands within Fiat.
- Yamaha Motor Company: Japanese motor vehicle manufacturer. It was established in July 1995. It is the world's largest motorcycle manufacturer. In addition, other motor vehicles it produces are off-road vehicles, boats and yachts.
- Iveco: It is a company founded in 1975 and headquartered in Turin, Italy. It is a manufacturer of trucks, buses and also diesel engines. The name originated from the abbreviation of Industrial Vehicle Corporation.